The pandemic has impacted life and our summer plans on all levels, but it hasn't changed the fact that kids still need to be engaged, make friends, try new things, and get outside. Parents, you need a break, too!
YMCA Camp Kitaki is excited to bring you Outdoor Explore Days! We've combined the Camp Kitaki magic you love, a day camp style schedule, and socially distanced protocols to create the first opportunity to welcome campers back to Kitaki!
- Campers will come home tired after a day spent canoeing, Corcl boating, shooting archery, creating at the Makerspace, getting wacky with water games, climbing, and more!
- Meet new friends, share inside jokes, and create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Kitak will provide two tasty snacks throughout the day. Campers are asked to bring a sack lunch.
- Connect with our professional, college-aged staff, chosen for their zany, fun-loving personalities, their caring hearts, and their good judgement. Staff of Outdoor Explore Days are well-trained, college-aged leaders of Kitaki who have worked at least one full summer of overnight camp with us.
- Each group will also have two teen helpers from our Senior Kitaki Kids (SK) program. In addition to their role as rockstar near-peer mentors, SKs will assist with sanitation.
Safety: As always, safety is our number one concern here at Kitaki. Here are a few of our protocols designed to limit the risk of exposure to our participants and staff:
- All campers should bring a mask so that they can be worn when social distancing cannot be maintained. More information on masks is provided below.
- Groups will spend time almost exclusively outdoors.
- Limited overall number of campers, and campers will be grouped into coed activity groups of 10 campers or less.
- Each group and their corresponding staff will be treated as a distinct cohort to minimize possibility of exposure between groups.
- Sanitation of program equipment before and after each individual use.
- Health screening during check in.
Days and Times: Outdoor Explore Days are currently being offered the following dates. Check in between 9-9:30 each day and check out between 4:30 and 5:00. Weekdays include an optional early drop off beginning at 8AM and a late pick up ending at 6PM for an additional $10 (designated with a *). Sessions close when full. Additional sessions on different days and throughout the rest of the summer will be offered based on demand.