The Open Doors Financial Assistance program provides families, children, and adults with the financial assistance they need to obtain quality Child Care, Youth Programs, and Health and Wellness services at the Lincoln YMCA.
Anyone is welcome to apply. Our program reduces fees, but does not eliminate them. The amount granted is based on the review of the required documentation provided by the applicant.
- All applications and documentation can be submitted online by computer or mobile device, or dropped off at any Lincoln YMCA location.
- Incomplete applications will receive an email notification to restart the process and attach all the appropriate documentation. Previously submitted information is not retained.
Below is a list of acceptable documents for income verification.
- Federal 1040 form – 2 pages (W-2s are NOT accepted).
- Self-employed applicants need to submit a previously filed federal tax form 1040 and Schedule C.
Employment – Paystubs
- Two current paystubs showing gross pay for each working adult in the household.
- If paystubs are unavailable, a letter from the employer on company letterhead stating the average number of hours worked per week and hourly wage is acceptable.
- A letter from the Social Security Administration or Veterans Affairs stating the current amount received OR two recent bank statements showing the amount deposited to your account each month.
Retirement/Pension/IRA/Trust Fund Income
- Letter from the company or fund stating the amount and frequency that it’s received, a monthly statement, OR 1040 tax form lines 11 and 12 showing IRA/Pension income.
Applications may take up to 15 business days to process. Due to the large number of applications, we ask that you please refrain from calling to check on the status of your application. After your application has been processed, an email will be sent to you regarding the results of your financial assistance request.
- If you’re new to the Open Doors program or renewing your information, and your financial assistance discount either stays the same or increases, your new rates will automatically be applied for future use on your account.
- If you’re a current YMCA Member and your monthly membership rate will increase due to a decrease in financial assistance awarded, we will NOT automatically renew your membership at the higher rate and your membership will end the last day of the month. At that time, if you wish to continue your membership at the higher rate you will need to contact your YMCA front desk to confirm the new rate.
- Please note: In situations of shared child custody, financial assistance percentage discounts will be available on the child’s account and will be visible to either parent on receipts or online with a YMCA account.
The YMCA will not apply financial assistance to past program registrations or memberships.
YMCA Camp Kitaki has a tiered pricing structure allowing families to choose the price that works best for them. If additional assistance is needed, participants can apply for our Open Doors program and could qualify for up to an additional 50% off.
You will need to reapply prior to your expiration date which can be found on your online YMCA account.