DEEPER CONFIDENCE FOR ALL
As the community's leader in swim instruction, the YMCA of Lincoln delivers swim lessons and water safety instruction to thousands of children every year, helping swimmers of all ages gain confidence in the water, overcome fears and build skills to last a lifetime.
Guidelines for Fall 2020 Swim Lessons:
- Due to social distancing and cleaning purposes, there are no spectators allowed on the pool deck during classes.
- Alternate entry or exit points for swim lessons may be used at some of the facilities.
- Program participants should not share equipment and goggles will not be provided at this time.
- To avoid crowding in the locker rooms, we ask participants to come to the facility wearing their swim suits
- Non-members will be allowed to register for lessons and will be required to sign in at the front desk before every class
- Participants who are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or any other illness, should NOT be in Swim Lessons. Participants must be symptom free for at least 72 hours prior to returning.
EXPLORE SWIM LESSONS BY AGE:
Parent & Child: 6 months-3 years
The parent/child swim program introduces infants and toddlers to the joys of swimming for the first time under the care and love of their parents.Open category
Float For Life: 1-3 Years
The YMCAs of Lincoln also offer specific classes in addition to swimming lessons that are designed to teach children, ages one to three years old, life-saving techniques.Open category
Safety Around Water: 3-15 Years
The YMCA’s Safety Around Water program can help you make sure children learn essential water safety skills, which can open up a world of possibilities for them to satisfy their curiosity safely.Open category
Preschool: 3-5 years
Swim Basics, for ages 3 to 5, are introductory classes divided into three progressive stages that include the foundations of water safety, basic swimming skills and focusing on swimming to safety.Open category
School Age: 5-12 years
The YMCA’s youth swim lessons teach your child how to become safe and confident swimmers in a friendly and supportive small-group setting.Open category
Teen/Adult: 12+ years
Our adult swim lessons provide a place for swimmers ages 16 and older to learn how to swim in a friendly small-group setting.Open category
Private Lessons - All Ages
Want your child to grow a specific skill or learn on a more individual basis? Then our private and semi-private lessons are for you.Open category