What is YMCA Nationwide Membership?
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your “Home” YMCA (your home location is the facility that enrolled you as a member and that collects your membership dues). Not all services may be offered to Nationwide members (for example, outdoor pools and child watch). Please contact the facility you wish to visit for further details.
If you are a Lincoln YMCA Member wishing to use other facilities around the nation, please check with that facility ahead of time on any restrictions.
There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
- Before you travel, contact the YMCA you intend to visit to make sure it is one of the more than 2,600 locations that participate in Nationwide Membership
- You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership
- On average, at least 50% of your monthly visits must be to your Home YMCA
- If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold (or cancel it) and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage, not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option, or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- Program-only participants and special memberships are not eligible for Nationwide Membership
- Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations
YMCA Membership Application Notice
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.