Enhance®Fitness is a proven community-based senior fitness and arthritis management program. Its purpose is to help older adults become more active, energized, and empowered for independent living. Registration is required for this 16-week session, but you can join anytime. Please fill out and return the information and the health history form to the front desk.
Enhance®Fitness is a proven community-based senior fitness and arthritis management program. Its purpose is to help older adults become more active, energized, and empowered for independent living. Registration is required for this 16-week session, but you can join anytime.
Session Dates & Locations
May 1 - August 20
Registration: Opens April 3
Copple Family YMCA
Wednesdays & Fridays 11:00am-12:00pm
Mondays & Wednesdays 10:30-11:30am
Lincoln Y Members: FREE
* Program Registration Required
Community Members are invited to participate for a fee of $60.
* Everyone welcome. Ask about our Financial Assistance program.
For regular attendees, Enhance®Fitness is proven to help adults:
- Grow stronger
- Improve balance
- Become more limber
- Boost activity levels
- Elevate mood
- Relieve arthritis symptoms
In each Enhance®Fitness class, participants will experience:
- A certified instructor with special training to bring out their physical best
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobics workout that gets participants moving, or a walking workout to lively music
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle or wrist weights
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep muscles flexible
- Multiple balance exercises
- Lots of opportunities to socialize and make new friends
Enhance®Fitness has been nationally recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Department of Health and Human Services, US Administration on Aging and the National Council on Aging. The program consists of low-impact exercise classes that are safe and challenging for older adults of all fitness levels. Enhance®Fitness exercises focus on increasing cardiovascular endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility, which can help reduce arthritis symptoms. A certified instructor leads classes at a pace that works for each participant. Classes are held in a relaxed atmosphere that promotes fun, laughter, friendship and smiles. That social interaction is proven to be a vital part of senior health and well-being.
So if you’re an older adult, lift your body and your spirits and join us for Enhance®Fitness.